Writergist: Writer + Marketing & Brand Strategist
States of Matter seeks a poetic phenom who can sell through stories, accelerate our content marketing efforts, and play off the bench on brand strategy.
Are you bright, curious and receptive to feedback? Can you write and strategize? Make a diff on day 1? Then apply to be our Writergist.tweet this
The Ideal Candidate: Foremost, you write with gusto. You love wordplay and relish the opportunity to create a unique tone of voice for a brand. Next, you’ve done content marketing and have a point of view on what drives conversations. Finally, you have exposure to building brands or are interested in the discipline of brand strategy because you believe in the power of brands, and are curious to learn more about how great brands do what they do.
Job Responsibilities of a Writergist
- Write often, across mediums.
- Manage and report on States of Matter content marketing initiatives. You will own the editorial calendar and the creation and broadcasting of our point of view so we can grow our audience and acquire new clients.
- Write, measure and distribute our proprietary Net Brand Effect reports. That includes cultivating contacts with profiled brands in person and online.
- Edit teammates’ blog articles for clarity and voice.
- Manage the agency’s social channel conversations.
- Assist in the facilitation of client work-sessions that inform brand strategy and create findings reports that document work-session discussions.
- Contribute to brand strategy development. This includes assessing competitive landscapes, conducting phone interviews, writing customer personas, messaging frameworks and brand stories, and assisting with the preparation of client presentations.
- A portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking, a strong voice and enviable headline writing skills.
- Proven ability to take direction, seek out answers and deliver results on deadline.
- Impeccable editing, spelling and proofreading skills, and attention to detail in preparing copy documents, articles and presentations.
- Interest in design, technology, art, pop culture and brand trends.
- Desire to work as part of a small team that continually iterates.
- Proficiency in Word and PowerPoint/Keynote, comfort with InDesign, CMS platform(s) and Excel.
More About States of Matter
We are a brand agency specializing in consumer and tech brands. We nail the fundamentals. We’re here to help our clients create their legacy. We do that through high concept work that aims to demystify branding.
People who thrive here are:
- Of the highest EQ caliber
- Hungry, in every sense of the word
- Borderline perfectionists
- Relationship builders
- Strong willed, but willing to back off when a superior argument is presented
- Always looking for ways to do things better
- Unafraid of smart people
- Genuinely interested in what makes humans tick
If you think you fit this profile, email us at [email protected] with one compelling reason why States of Matter will be a better agency with you in it, and include a link to your online portfolio.